Naturopaths treat both, acute and chronic conditions, which can be of mental, emotional and physical nature, and see clients of any age. Diagnostic methods such as hair, tongue, nail and (life) blood analysis and iridology are used to assess a patient’s health and body functions and to design a gentle and non-invasive treatment plan to assist in the healing process and the maintenance of wellbeing.
- herbal medicine, vitamins and minerals to help prevent and treat various illnesses
- comprehensive dietary and nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
- hydrotherapy using the healing power of water to stimulate the immune system and the body's natural defenses
- compresses and packs to stimulate organ function and to reduce pain
- lifestyle advice to reduce stress and to empower and motivate the patient to assume more personal responsibility for his or her health
Naturopathic treatments boost the body's natural healing potential, restoring harmony and preventing disease. Hence, a client may benefit from naturopathic therapy at any time, not just when feeling unwell. Some of the more common conditions treated include:
- stress related ailments
- digestive problems
- pre-mentrual tension (PMT)
- general aches and pains
Often a naturopath uncovers medical conditions long before it is a diagnosable pathology.