Bowen therapy can be used to treat musculoskeletal areas, including the joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, tendons, or related neurological problems including acute sports injuries and chronic or organic conditions. It balances and stimulates energy flows, resulting in a deep sense of overall relaxation.
Bowen therapy is safe to use on anyone, from newborns to the elderly as it is a gentle and relaxing treatment without re-aggravation of pain. It is usually recommended to have two to three sessions of the Bowen technique with a break of five to ten days between each session.
Bowen therapy is holistic and focuses on the whole person to treat the cause of problems, rather than the symptoms. Problems which can be addressed include:
- shoulder stiffness, ankle, knee, lower back and neck pain
- headaches, dental or facial pain
- repetitive stress injury (RSI)
- whiplash, any muscle or joint pains of unknown origin
- emotional stress and anxiety